Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little Progress >‿‿<

I've been working on and off the last couple days, trying to get a few things started!


... Like this fruit for example! As you can probably tell.... I prefer peaches over apples lol. They're all hand sculpted from polymer clay and about 3/4 inch high. Eventually they'll have faces, a glossy finish, and cell phone straps!


I'm really liking my improvised baking rack. It's just a pyrex loaf pan with some 14 gauge wire, but it works REALLY well for charms. Oh and then there's the fact that it was free to make. Win win!!! <3

I've also been doing a lot of work with seed beads. I haven't beaded in a while and I kind of went crazy with these little stars haha. They're about half an inch wide and really easy to whip up. Very nice project to do whilst watching TV :]. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them yet though. Hmm...

Other then that, I've pretty much just been sketching out ideas. Once I get my bearings, I'm going to try to do a few beaded necklaces. Perhaps some bridal themed ones. I guess I'm on kind of a seed bead kick right now, so expect a lot of that sort of thing for a little while >‿‿◕

In other news, I'm looking to buy a sewing machine soon. I don't want one that's too fancy but I would like one with intermediate ability. One that I wouldn't have to replace anytime soon. Any advice? ◕‿‿◕

~ Minty Fresh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mood:

Pleased

Listening to: "Stars" from Les Miserables
Reading:
food blogs!
Watching: The Mentalist
Making:
Seed Bead Stars
Eating:
Mmmm fresh baked Bread >‿‿<
Drinking:
Watermelon Fruit Punch

2 comments: